After the formation of the state of Uttaranchal, it was realized that the new state with a population of nearly 1 crore, did not have adequate facilities for both the dental and the medical education. In an endeavour to overcome the vacuum of dental education, Dr. B.S.Gupta Medical Charitable Society* decided to take up the challenge and laid the foundation stone of Seema Dental College & Hospital in "Devbhumi" Rishikesh. The aims and objectives of the college are:
- To impart value based high quality Dental education to the students of Uttaranchal and other states.
- Increasing awareness amongst the masses about dental hygiene. Schools and rural population of the state will be covered in phases.
- Providing cheap and easy access for dental care to the masses.
- Interaction with other colleges and institutes for update in technology, management and research work.
- Management of every kind of emergencies, which includes, dental medical and surgical.
- Referral centre for ailments other than dental disease. Patients will be given proper advice about the management of other ailments even if they are not related to dental problems.
|1||Year of Inception||2003|
|2||Student Intake||100 Students each year|
|3|| In consultation with
||Dental Council of India, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Vide their notification # V-12017/49/2001/-DE dated 25/06/2008.|
|4||Affiliation||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal)|
Post Graduate Course
Dental Mechanics Course
Virbhadra Road, PO- Pashulok
|Founder||Dr. R. K. Gupta|
|Chairman||Dr. Amit Gupta|
|Honourary Director||Mr. Ajay Garg|
|Director Principal||Dr. Himanshu Aeran|
|Executive Director||Mr. Vivek Sang|
|Director||Dr. Anirudh Guru Pratap Singh|
|Vice Principal||Dr. Prem Prakash|