Rules & Regulations of the College
Getting admission into a professional college for their wards, is a matter of pride and gratification for the parents, however for the students it is the beginning of a momentous journey that makes them aware of their own hidden potentials and depths of resilience that they never knew even existed.
Studying to earn the prefix of Dr. demands patience, perseverance and persistence. It requires a highly organized and disciplined approach towards everything one does from day one onwards.
We believe every student entering the portals of Seema Dental College & Hospital has the potential to not only become a good dentist but also a responsible Indian and a good human being.
In order to achieve this, the students are required to comply with the following college rules and regulations.
A. General Conduct and Discipline
- All students must carry their identity cards and wear neat and clean college uniform along with White Apron (with name plate) in college premises and hospital during college working hours. Students must follow strictly PUNCTUALITY and DISCIPLINE in the College. Irregular attendance/unjustified absence or objectionable moral behavior justifies suitable disciplinary action. We expect the students to maintain High Standards of Conduct and Ethics, keeping the College Campus clean and peaceful.
- All students are required to attend their lecturers/demonstrations/practicals/clinics and other classes regularly. As per DCI norms, 75% attendance both in theory and practicals/clinics is compulsory to appear in University Examination. Any student falling short of attendance will not be allowed to appear in University Examination. Medical leave granted in cases of illness will not be compensated towards absenteeism from the required attendance, i.e. 75% attendance and will be entertained in 25% absenteeism for which students are entiled.
- All students are required to appear in all internal assessment/class tests conducted by College positively. No Student will be granted leave during any internal assessment/class test except in serious cases of illness. If there is any justified ground for leave, the student has to take prior permission from the concerned Head of Department (HOD) for not appearing in internal assessment/class test.
- It would be highly desirable that Parents/authorized guardians visit the College periodically and meet the Principal and Heads of Departments in order to know the progress of their wards.
- No student suffering from a contagious/infectious disease will be allowed to attend the lecturers/demonstrations/practicals/clinics and to stay in hostel till his/her recovery. A Medical Certificate of fitness after the treatment, issued by a registerd medical practitioner, has to be produced by the student before he/she is alowed to attend the lecturers/demonstrations/practicals/clinics and to stay in hostel.
- Students are not allowed to paste any notice/pamphlet or to write any statement/slogan within the institution without prior permission from the Principal/college authorities.
- No student is allowed to communicate directly with outside authorities like persons from press, electronic media, district administration, etc.; all such communications must be submitted through the Principal. Any student found violating this rule justifies suitable disciplinary action against him/her.
- Possession/use of narcotics, any banned drug and alcoholic beverages, smoking and gambling/betting are STRICTLY PROHIBITED inside the institution. Any student found guilty shall be liable for strict disciplinary action in the form of financial punishment, suspension from attending lecturers / demonstrations / practicals / clinics or temporary or permanent expulsion from college/hostel or debarring from giving Internal Assessment Examinations or University Examination. The college has Zero Tolerance Policy on this matter.
- Possession of any kind of fire arm/weapon, banned literature or movie CDs/DVDs, DVD player, etc. is STRICTLY PROHIBITED inside the institution. Any student found guilty shall be liable for disciplinary action.
- Students who are found indulging in any kind of physical assault or in use of derogatory/abusive/offensive/vulgar language or in making bad/unacceptable remarks on any religion or cast or in issuing any kind of threat against any member of the teaching/non teaching staff of the institute and against any fellow student and patient within the premises of the institute or outside the institute shall be liable of strict disciplinary action in the form of financial punishment, suspension from attending lecturers/demonstrations/practicals/clinics or temporary or permanent expulsion from college/hostel or debarring from giving Internal Assessment Examinations or University Examination.
- Any attempt of bribery or corruption in any manner justifies suitable disciplinary action.
- Use of unfair practices in tests/examinations, quizzes or assignments and noisy, unruly or any kind of objectionable behavior in class rooms/practical halls/clinics shall constitute violation of the code of conduct.
- Each student shall show due respect and courtesy to the teachers, administrators, non-teaching staff of the Institute and to the visitors and patients of the Institute and good behavior with fellow students.
- Use of cell phones/mobiles is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in all academic areas of the campus including clinics. Use of cell phones would entail confinement of the handset. It would be returned after one month of confinement and payment of a fine of Rs. 1,000/-.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the institute for any injury, loss or damage to the personal articles of students within or outside the college campus.
- Students are required to participate/attend the various functions/activities organized by the institute from time to time on various occasions like Independence Day, Republic Day, Annual Day, Founder’s Day, Sport’s week, Cultural week, etc. whether these functions fall on working days or on holidays. Absence from such functions without valid reasons shall not be viewed compassionately.
- The institute shall not be responsible for any accident, of whatever nature, in the institute, hospital, clinics, hostel, laboratory and play ground or during educational tour/trips.
- The students will compensate for the damage inflicted upon the institute/hostel/library property, equipments/instruments, furniture and gardens caused by their negligence or willful acts.
- Loud talking, loitering or congregating, being a source of distraction and annoyance to others is not permitted.
- The College is not responsible for any debts incurred by the student from any person or financial institution.
- College Fee must be paid in full within the specified date. Failing to pay fee in time, the students will not be allowed to attend the classes/practical/clinics. In such case he/she will have to first remit the actual fee along with any fine due on his/her part to enable him/her to attend the classes/practicals/clinics again.
- The students and their parents are strongly advised to keep themselves aware of the College Rules and Regulations. Ignorance of rules shall not be an excuse for violation.
B. BAN ON RAGGING IN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION
RAGGING is “any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.”
- “As per notification of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resources & Development (No. 23242), notification of Government of Uttaranchal (914/XXIV(1)2004 & notification of H. N. B. Garhwal University (HNBGU/ACAD/2004/802) Uttarakhand, the Ragging is defined as a wilful injury of students and is strictly prohibited and punishable in the form of expulsion or suspension. Any incidence reported, will be dealt seriously by the authorities, so the ragging of any kind is completely banned in the Institution. Any student found guilty of the above shall be severely punished.”
- Ragging or any act that comes under the purview of ragging is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the college. Any incidence of ragging reported will be dealt by the authorities of College as serious offence and is punishable in the form of Expulsion, Rustication, Suspension or fine with public apology.
- “No act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed or unpunished”. The college has Zero Tolerance Policy on this matter.
- Senior students are advised not to indulge themselves in any kind of activity even so called “INTRODUCTION” with a fresher or a junior student which comes under the purview of ragging.
- Seniors students are strictly warned not to call fresher or junior students in their hostel room or outside the college campus, because this act will be enough to take a strict disciplinary action against the senior students. If such event occurs, the junior students are advised to note down the name(s) of senior students from their name plates and forward these names immediately to Hostel Wardens/Members of the Anti-ragging Committee/Principal for further necessary action. If required, the Principal/college authorities may call parade of senior students for the purpose of identification of the culprit.
- Any act that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of fresher or junior students will be considered within the academics related aspect of ragging; similarly, exploiting the services of a junior student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of senior students is also an aspect of academics related ragging. If such cases are reported, strict disciplinary actions will be taken against the senior students.
- Senior Students who are found indulged in use of derogatory/abusive/offensive/vulgar language or in making bad/unacceptable remarks on any religion or cast or in giving any kind of threat to junior students within the premises of the institute or outside the institute shall be liable of strict disciplinary action. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, or any other electric medium and public insults are considered with in the psychological aspects of ragging. Any act that affects the mental health and self confidence of fresher students is also described in terms of the psychological aspect of ragging.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homo-sexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person comes under the category of ragging with criminal dimensions.
- The injury caused to the fundamental right to human dignity through humiliation heaped on junior students by seniors comes under the human rights perspective of ragging.
- Any kind of act by a senior student to junior student which causes traumatic feelings and leaves emotional scars in the personalities of the victims is legally prohibited.
- All junior students are advised to move in groups only. They are advised to protest/resist any kind of act that comes under ragging and report the same to Principal or any other appropriate college authority. All junior students are advised to immediately contact Hostel Wardens/Members of Anti-ragging Committee/ Principal whenever they become victim of any kind of act that comes under ragging. Mobile numbers/phone numbers of Hostel Wardens, Members of Anti-ragging Committee and Principal are provided to the students at the time of admission.
- College administration is absolutely firm in its conviction to curb and prevent any act of ragging and ensure that the stay of students in college is completely safe.
C. Rules & Regulations of Boy’s and Girl’s Hostels
For the smooth functioning of the hostel, the following Rules & Regulations of Hostel have been framed and laid-down for the protection and safety of students. The Residents of the Hostel are required to strictly abide by the Rules & Regulations of Hostel.
- All students must report to HOSTEL WARDEN for any problem, query or information. Students must abide by the orders as given by the Warden.
- Students are responsible for keeping their rooms neat and clean. Common premises such as corridors, lobbies, stairs and other such areas must be kept clean and tidy.
- Students shall not keep any valuable/cash in excess with them in their allotted Rooms, if kept so it should be informed to the warden. The College authorities shall not be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage of such articles.
- Lights/Fans along with other electric appliances must be SWITCHED OFF before leaving the rooms.
- Gas/electric stoves, cooking and ironing are not allowed in the Rooms.
- Parents/visitors are not allowed to stay in Student’s rooms. They may wait and meet their wards in the Visitor’s Room next to Hostel.
- Possession/Use of narcotics and alcoholic beverages, smoking, gambling, possessing any kind of fire arms, banned literature, etc. is STRICTLY PROHIBITED inside hostel rooms. Any student found guilty shall be liable of disciplinary action followed by temporary of permanent expulsion from the College.
- Students are required to follow timings of meals in the allotted Dinning areas. No student is allowed to take his/her meal in his /her room, expect in case of severe illness (with the prior permission of the Warden or Hostel In-charge).
- In case of any sickness, the student must inform the Warden and should consult Medical Officer available in the Hostel. In case of serious illness or if hospitalization is required, the Warden will initiate appropriate measures.
- All students are required to be present for Roll Call in the Warden’s office/Lobby/Common Room as specified, at the appointed time.
- Every student is required to submit photographs of their parents/local guardian/authorized relatives at the time of
- admission to the Hostel Warden. These authorized visitors will only be allowed to meet the students in campus on holidays or on other days or to take them out side the college campus with prior approval from Principal.
- A student must get permission slip (OUT PASS) issued by the Warden/Hostel In-charge, if he/she wishes to go out side the college campus for outings/home on Sundays. He/she must report to the Warden/Hostel In-charge immediately on his/her return to the hostel. Students are not allowed to go out side the college campus without approved permission slip/Gate Pass.
- In case a student wishes to go outside the college campus for outings/home on the days other than Sundays; their parents/guardians have to send the request for granting such permission to the Principal’s Office through SMS from their registered mobile numbers. We assume and trust that the reasons mentioned in SMS of parents/guardians and in application given by student for granting permission to go out the college campus are true and correct. The College will not be responsible for incorrect information or any mishappening occurring outside the College Campus.
- Students need to register their names, time and signature in the register available at the Main College Gate while going out and coming in the College Campus on working days.
- Students availing Swimming Pool facility must submit indemnity bond and shall abide strictly by the swimming rules and regulations displayed at the entrance of swimming pool. They can swim in the Swimming Pool in the presence of Trainer/Instructor only.
- Any shifting and changing of room is to be done only with a prior permission of the Principal/ Warden/Hostel In-charge. Transfer of any furniture from one room to another, without the consent of the hostel Warden, is not allowed.
- Any damage to the hostel property must be reported immediately to the hostel warden. All wilful damages incurred or even due to negligence are liable to be fined.
- In case of any emergency after the College working hours, please contact the Warden/Hostel in-charge on duty.
- Students found guilty of misbehaviour or a serious deviation from the code of conduct laid down by the College/Hostel authorities can be summarily dismissed from the hostel, without any prior warning or notice.
- Any kind of party, get together and other social gatherings organized by hostellers in their rooms or in hostel area are to be organized only after prior permission of the warden and hostel incharge.
- The College authorities reserve the right to make surprise checks of the Hostel rooms at any time during and after college hours.
- The College authorities reserve the right to move hostellers from one room to the other as and when required.
- Any hosteller, who finds his/her room partner missing, must report to the Hostel Warden/Hostel In-charge immediately. This is to enable Hostel In-charge/College Authorities to take immediate action.
- The College reserves the right to revise the Hostel Rules and Regulations and Hostel fee from time to time.
- No student is allowed to keep any vehicle in the College campus.
- Students are not allowed to keep TV, music system, DVD and CD players in Hostel rooms.
- If any parent wishes to meet his/her ward, to avoid any inconvenience the parents are requested to give advance information of their arrival to the concerned authority.
Note: At the time of admission, every student and his/her parents shall be required to sign a declaration that the student submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Principal/appropriate college authorities who may be vested with the authority to exercise disciplinary action under the rules and regulations that have been framed by the Institute in the interest of their benefited students.